Friday, January 29, 2016

In the traffic jam

It is a bit past nine and we are inching along in traffic in Dakar.  It seems rush hour on Fridays is at least four hours  long.  Today was our longest clinic day. We spent about two hours getting to Theis this morning and the return  trip will be longer.  To me, it seemed that we functioned the most smoothly today.  Maybe we should try to reassemble the team for a future trip.
My job has been to help out in the pharmacy  and apply dental fluoride treatments.  PJ and I applied over 180 treatments in the 6 clinic days.  It has been heartbreaking to see the condition of the patients tèeth.  How much discomfort and dental pain these people  must endure.
I think it will take some time for me to mentally process these experiences.
We are finally back to the mission.   Gotta go for supper.  I am looking to sharing pictures and stories when we get home.

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment